Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"This is the interactive part of the flight..."

I'm back in Vancouver after spending the last weekend of the summer in the heart of oil country farther east.  One the hour plane ride from here to Edmonton, I got a beautiful view of the Lower Mainland and the Cascades, but the Rockies were covered in clouds.  This morning and the flight from Edmonton the Rockies were visible (and quite stunning) but all of Vancouver was under heavy cloud cover and rain.  Oh, the rain...

On the flight this morning was the only truly witty flight attendant I think I've ever had on board.  Usually there is the cheesy: "There may be fifty ways to leave your lover, but there are only 6 ways to leave this airplane."  However, there was none of that on this flight.  She had the entire plane cracking up and hanging on her every word.

While the flight attendant was definitely the best part of the flight this morning, something really odd (to me at least) did happen.  At one point she came on the PA and announced that the flight to Ottawa was ready to leave, however it was missing some of its passengers, so if you were heading to Ottawa then you needed to get off the plane.   I didn't realize that it was still possible to get on the wrong flight.  Although I was definitely proven wrong this morning.

I don't really have much to announce other than that... the weekend was spent mostly running errands-shopping at Costco, Ikea, Walmart, Home Depot--finding mexican food in Edmonton, cleaning D's room and watching lots of NCIS.  It was nice to spend some time with someone I have known longer than a couple weeks.  I got a really nice winter jacket, which I've reallllly been needing since I took all the other ones back.

And thats all I have for now... I will probably remember more later and come back with another blog, but for now I will work on uploading the few pictures I took of Vancouver and the mountains.

No comments: