Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happiness Project

I can't sleep again... that seems to be the norm these days.  But at least I'm able to be productive tonight.

Right now I'm researching food and healthier lifestyle diets.  Today I finally lost my 10th lb and am back to a weight I haven't been since college.  My clothes fit, I feel better, I look better... it feels good.  It took me about 6 weeks (a little over 1.5 lbs a week) and it was definitely a struggle because of my shoulder.  My shoulder, neck and back have been bothering me a lot lately so I have tried to chance my eating to account for lack of exercise.


I also feel like my own personal happiness project is starting to get underway.  I came up with 16 personal commandments which I'll try to outline here over the next few weeks.  Each of them is important to me for different reasons and each say something in the person I think I am and the person I want to be.  That's as far as I've gotten... and it's even taken me several months to get this far.  Maybe I'll re-read the book and progress further in my own project with resolutions and secrets of adulthood, but for now I feel that this is enough.  Just reminding myself of these... it changes me.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I am proud of you and happy for you and want you to know that you are an inspiration to me to do better! Love you!