Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In under two weeks

I will embark on the great northern adventure to Churchill.  After having to leave and return to Canada on Jan 9, I will take off the next morning at 8 am to Winnipeg.  Once in Winnipeg I'll have about 7 hours to look around and get to the train station in time to embark on the two day trip to Churchill.  Once there, we'll hopefully catch a polar bear tour (we better!) and see the Northern Lights.  Two items on my life list.  Then I'll head back to Vancouver to finish packing up and preparing to leave.

I've been doing a lot of soul searching lately, and I see so many people from my past doing such great things around the world... whether they're in South Korea or South Africa, I try and keep up with their adventures and see the amazing things going on in their lives and wish I was doing something a little more worthwhile.  A girl I know joined the Peace Corps and is now stationed in Africa... its something I thought a lot about for years now and something I've always wanted to do.  That, in a way, I feel called to do.

And I think thats where a lot of uncertainty and indecision about where to go next comes from.  I feel that may be where I need to go and what to do, but at what cost?  I don't know yet.

No comments: