Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's been well over a year...

But today I got a new library card!! YAY! Here are the books I checked out:


The nearest branch is absolutely gorgeous, its in a renovated, old house and all the different sections are in separate rooms... kids downstairs, fiction in one, cooking/workout/self-help in another. I loved wandering around and just browsing the books.

Yesterday I started reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I was instantly hooked because I could so easily relate. Just like the author, there is nothing wrong with my life... I have a good job, friends, a wonderful family and for the most part, I am happy. But I could be happier. I am afraid that sometimes I have a very negative (albeit realistic) perception of the world around me and I'd like to put a little more sunshine in my every day life.

First project is to finally get serious about my 2010 research project of folklore/myth/fantasy. As I was browsing Amazon today for books I realized that I really didn't want to buy them all... enter the SAPL where I got a library card. And 5 books. Happy day.

Then I will start my own happiness project... to focus on areas of improvement and growth. Maybe it will take me 9 months of research like the author and it becomes a project of 2011. Until then I will do my research, chip away at my "for fun" reading list of books that look interesting I've collected, and begin to declutter in order to move.

No comments: