Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I picked a topic!

So its been over a week since I decided I needed a topic for 2010... and the winner is:

Mythology/Fantasy!

I want to study various mythologies such as Norse, Greek, Roman, etc as well as their impact on the genre we currently know as fantasy. You know, dragons, mages/wizards, dwarves, vampires, etc, etc. There are some movies coming out and some TV shows I've watched in the past (namely the Valentines which is now sadly cancelled) which fall into the mythology category. It's extremely fascinating.

I'm pretty excited. I think I'll probably start with Wikipedia and go from there... I have a couple of book series to read, such as Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan and I need to finish the Sword of Truth series.

Also, yesterday my retirement accounts officially went over $10,000. That amount of money in savings is such a huge milestone for me and it seems like such a huge step towards my financial goals. I still have my debts (which some schools of thoughts should be dealt with before my retirement funds) but I feel so motivated by knowing I reached a huge milestone in my savings.

Finally, I will leave with one last thought... One of my favorite websites, Tiny Buddha, had today's quote of the day as:

"Judge nothing, you will be happy. Forgive everything, you will be happier. Love everything, you will be happiest." -Sri Chinmoy

So today, I decided another goal for 2010, my new years resolution if you will, is to forgive everything. Holding grudges and anger inside isn't going to solve anything and it certainly won't make me happier. So I'll try my best to practice forgiveness at all times.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wonderful post! Love you!!!

Richard said...

great blog.

Perhaps some inspirationwww.poetseers.org

All the best

Richard / Germany