Friday, December 3, 2010

"Ruin in the road to transformation." - Eat, Pray, Love

I "liked" this Tiny Buddha post (Finding Joy in the Ruins of a Crushed Dream) on Google Reader yesterday, not knowing that a mere twelve hours later as I bawled my eyes out to one of my best friends--who just happened to be visiting for the night-- that I could take a ton of wisdom from the post.

I have learned so many lessons from this experience. Here are the top four I’d like to share:

  1. Everything happens for a reason.
  2. Sometimes, things have to get a whole lot worse before they can get a whole lot better.
  3. You create your world with what you choose to think, say, and do.
  4. ‘Ruin is the road to transformation.’
December just doesn't seem to be my month... ever.  But I survived the last one, I will survive this one.  I've prayed for so long asking for a sign or for anything, and last night I got my big, blinking neon sign.  Message received.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sorry you have been sad. Glad your friend was there with you. Love you! Always!

Mom (again) said...

JK Rowling speech (it's wonderful and very wise):
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/lang/eng/jk_rowling_the_fringe_benefits_of_failure.html