Monday, February 14, 2011

Nothing less than butterflies

Based on the day, part of me wanted to write a post ranting on the past and recent injustices that I felt have happened to me.  But then I realized that it's just the pain and exhaustion talking... I'm not angry and things work out like they are supposed to.  Then I thought about something an old friend told me seven (?) years ago.  I was searching for this particular quote and ran across some old writings of mine... some made me cry, some made me laugh and some reminded me of my favorite songs I forgot even existed.  I was going to post some of my favorites... but maybe another time.

However, here is the one I was looking for from Feb 20, 2004 (although I know the wisdom predates that by some time):

"don't settle for less than the most amazing person, that person who steals your heart but throws his right back at you, the guy who won't make you cry, but wipes your tears and holds you while you do."


A reminder to get back to my hope that there be nothing less than butterflies.

No comments: