Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy November!

Here I am at 7 am the morning after Halloween awake and blogging because I can't sleep... I only got about 3 or 4 hours because I just couldn't sleep, so weird.

Last night was Halloween (obviously) and despite my early efforts to altogether avoid the holiday, I ended up getting in the spirit and dressing up.  I also carved a pumpkin!  One of my co-workers decided to have a contest for the employees, so I had to make one after all.  I had plans to carve it last night with one of the other boys from work, but instead I ended up closing so I carved mine while he baked pumpkin seeds and served soup.  I did Oogie Boogie from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas and he did end up quite frightening.  Originally I was going to do Boo from Mario Bros., but I didn't have a good enough knife or saw for the detail work... so Oogie Boogie it was.  

Last night after I finally put my costume together (having a roommate that works in a lab definitely has it perks!), I ran by the coffee shop to grab a drink and see other's costumes.  We had a doctor, a vampire and a German boy (although he's always German, only this time he was in full costume).  I was, as you can see from the photo to the left, a mad scientist.  It was fun getting ready, teasing my hair to craziness and putting an "explosion" on my face.  The drink in the beaker was a lot of fun... definitely had everyone interested in what was in it.

Right now the sun is finally coming up... its 7:40.  Sadly, the nights are still going to be getting longer for at least another month and a half.  Its amazing how little daylight there is... I can't imagine going farter north to where there is extremely little.  But I do want to go to Alaska.  So bad.

On another note, I am really enjoying working at the coffee shop.  I have met some really interesting and fun people and am looking forward to the next several months with them... although it won't be all of them.  Some are moving on and supposedly there are some "big changes" happening in the next few weeks, but there is still so much to look forward to!

No comments: