Sunday, April 5, 2009

Office plants

I bought 2 new plants today for my office! I am quite excited about them, the first is an angel wing begonia... I love the way the leaves look like wings and end up all spotted like that. The colors are fantastic. It's officially a Cane Begonia and I believe it to be a B. Cracklin Rosie.

The second is this little pinkish plant that we think is a caladium. Now caladiums are elephant ears, so this is a miniture version. (EDIT: I discovered this is actually called Hypoestes phyllostachya, or Polka Dot plant). I am so excited about my plants! Next I want to put them in the same pot with a 3rd variety so I can have a nice little one pot garden at work.

The nursery we went to, Green Gate, is wonderful. It had so many beautiful plants and flowers, I am definitely going to come back to it when I get my own place and want some new plants. I want a citrus tree, some tea roses... you know, pretty things.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love the plants. Good idea to put three in one planter for the office.