Sunday, May 3, 2009

Buying shares on the stock exchange next week...

I moved into my new apartment this weekend and there isn't much in it, that will be a story for another post as I move in furniture this coming weekend and decorate.... I also bought a plant and received one from my uncle for my new patio, yay!

Today as I was watching TV I saw a commercial for CSX. Now, I've been contemplating buying individual stocks for some time now, but I don't have thousands of dollars to play with. But after having dinnertime conversations with my uncle about stocks and funds he invests in and why, I have thought about what companies I might be interested investing in for the future. I've mentioned before how much I love ING Direct and they have Sharebuilder (which I may or may not love, we will see) which I decided to try out for buying stocks. I'm only doing a small amount of money (maybe enough for 2 or 3 shares so nothing too risky for either loss OR gains) but decided to invest in CSX. It's an international transportation company (with some fantastic advertising). I did some research and since I believe that energy is headed toward more renewable resources and energy efficiency anyway, this would be a good choice.

So I set it up and the purchase should be going through this week! Very exciting. And who knows, maybe I will like individual stocks and add that to my portfolio instead of doing solely mutual funds.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: