Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Invite-Only Discount Sites




















I've always heard about the elusive, invite-only, steeply discounted websites for fashion and home decor, but had never managed to know anyone who could get me an invitation.

A couple months ago I stumbled across One Kings Lane, a home decor site that was newly launched at the time. It's still not invite only, but I love getting to see the decor every day as I gather ideas for my place.

One another blog I read, I saw an invite to Gilt, one of the more premier luxury discount sites. So far I've seen designers such as Fendi and Alexander McCall... tomorrow Kate Spade goes up! Not that I can actually afford much of anything there (yet!) but I did manage to find makeup (for a gift) for over half off retail price. So far I would call that a success!

Today I stumbled across a Rue La La invite! After Gilt, Rue La La is one of the other most desired sites and but less pricey. I swooned over Bottega Veneto earlier (I wish!) and Robert Rodriguez will be released later this week...

I am loving seeing the items that go through and am just waiting for the day I finally get to purchase! Unfortunately, it can't be impulsive (like I was thinking with this dress today), but sooner or later something I've been keeping an eye out for will come along and I can snatch it up at a wonderful price!

Are there are any similar sites that you love?



P.S. The links above are invites in case anyone is looking!

(photo: "Felicity" by Eva Franco)

No comments: