Sunday, August 30, 2009

+1 goal for Sept

In addition to my self imposed buying restrictions for September, I am also going to make a goal of writing at least 10 blog posts. I seem to struggle with that... this will be my 9th for August and I haven't done better than that in awhile.

I'm also in the early stages of planning a trip! Since prices for travel have dropped drastically in the past year (plus my serious wanderlust) places that were once completely out of affordibility range now can be done for a long weekend. Currently I'm looking at Boston or San Francisco, but I may have to stick a little closer to home with New Orleans or something.

Any suggestions on cities that are a decent, cheap flight from almost anywhere?

3 comments:

Mom said...

What about Montreal? Or Toronto? I wonder if the airfares are low for those. Of course, probably Mexico City and Cancun, etc. have very low airfares.

Mom again said...

I forgot to mention Detroit (where you could go see Celeste and Barbara and Canada) and New York City (where you go see Barr and Cecile and Tracy). Both of these are places where you would have a place to stay and people who would be delighted to see you.

Mom yet again said...

I thought of another great place -- fly into San Jose and go see Jenny and Joe and their kids there and/or rent a car and drive to Pacific Grove to see Uncle Matt and Jean.