Tuesday, December 30, 2008

While the cat snores...

Tomorrow is New Years Eve and I'm sitting here at the dining table listening to Jean, the chubby cat, snore, rolling pennies (that is, putting pennies into rolls) and contemplating the future.

Why am I rolling pennies you ask?  Well, for anyone that knows me, I think pennies are absolutely worthless when they're by themselves.  Apparently a lot of other people feel that way too, so at work, we just ignore the pennies and throw them in huge buckets in the office.  We've had two buckets (plus some cups) full of pennies basically since I started working at the coffee shop three months ago... today I found out that anyone can take them home, put them in rolls, then take to the bank and keep the change!  So, I took home a bucket and a cup of pennies.  They were super heavy getting home, but now that I am here I am so glad I have them!  So far I have rolled $10 and I'm not even through one of the bags...  It may only end up being $20 or $30, but its more than I have now and only for a little time investment.  As I said, pennies individually are worthless, pennies in buckets are better than tips.

Thursday is the start of a fresh year, but I don't really believe in resolutions.... they work for some people, but not for me.  Instead, I think I will make my life list public and track my progress in accomplishing some of the things I want to do in my life.  I started a life list sometime last April or May... May 31 is the first time I dated a list, and it already had 50 items on it.  At some point over the next few days I will post the list.  The new year will also bring posts about things I want to accomplish that are 2009-specific (kinda like resolutions, only not).

Until then, I'll go back to rolling the pennies and listening to the chubster snoring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The snoring cat sounds soothing! Looking forward to seeing your "life list"!