Thursday, September 24, 2009

...but if I had my way, I'd take the rain

My intention last night when I got home from yoga was to write a blog post. But since the power was out in the entire neighborhood, I did the next best thing, pen & paper! The weather has cooled off considerably since it's been raining for two days straight.. but I do love it. It makes me miss Vancouver a lot.

I took 5 days off from yoga and these past 2 practices have been really rough... but at the same time, I notice more starkly my improvements over the past two months. I still hope to improve my balance, but the standing series is much better than when I started. During floor series today, I noticed how strong my spine is and I wonder if that comes from all the years of volleyball... I am glad though that there is strength in my spine and hopefully that will lead to a stronger practice all around.

I've reached a point in my practice where I am able to mentally check out and just do the postures. I haven't yet figured out if that's actually a good thing, but it's nice to suddenly realize we're moving into camel pose and it seems like we just began.

Every day in class I stare at the 60 day challenge wall and consider attempting it... but I can't seem to mentally prepare myself for class five days a week, much less every day (or more!) for two months. Until then, I find peace in the classes I do get... the hour and a half I give to myself.

"Practice yoga, and all is coming." - Guruji

No comments: