Tuesday, September 8, 2009

So far so good...

with the fact that I've managed not to spend any frivolous money. But bad on the front that I got a speeding ticket yesterday and didn't go to yoga today. Nor did I get any milk for my cereal. Alas, such is life.

One good thing is that I enrolled in my 401(k) today! I researched a couple of the funds who's names jumped out at me and put 100% into one for the time being. That one is Oppenheimer Developing Markets, which Morningstar gave a 5 star rating. Since I consider myself a bold, young investor I'm not too worried for the time being, but will research the additional funds soon so I can be sure I made the correct choice.

In other investment news, my Roth IRA is currently sitting at a gain of $-9.81 net. That might sound crappy that I'm negative, but considering my first buy in was right because the economy started tanking, and the market in general has been going lower and lower, I consider $10 good for my (almost) two years. In fact, in February of this year I was at $-2,546. Market is looking good to me...

As far as match, I'm going to max out my 401(k) employer match (3%) and then put the rest into my Roth IRA like I've been doing. If I manage to max that out, I'll increase my 401(k) contributions. My 401(k) doesn't start until October, so we'll see how maxing contibutions for the match goes for the 3 months left in the year!

No comments: