Saturday, December 5, 2009

4: Book

(Anna Inghardt, via Decor8)

What book - fiction or non - touched you? Where were you when you read it? Have you bought and given away multiple copies?

I'm almost ashamed to admit I haven't read a lot of books this year. At the beginning of the year I really got in to the Sword of Truth series and read some personal finance books like Your Money or Your Life, but I think I've read some great books at the end of this year as well. I read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows which was a great book about post-WWII life on Guernsey Island, as well as a glimpse into the occupation of the channel islands during the war.

I also read Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, a humorous look at the apocalypse. An angel and a demon who actually enjoy earth and don't want it to be over have to find the misplaced Antichrist, stop the four horsemen and overall stop the end of the world.

1 comment:

Mom said...

In addition to the Guernsey book, which as you know I loved, I found the following books riveting: Dissolution, Dark Fire, Sovereign, and Revelation, all by C.J. Sansom. If Becky and Jack finish reading them, you can get these from them at Christmas.