Saturday, January 2, 2010

Research for 2010

Another mostly uneventful day for Day 2 of the newest decade. After my little meltdown last night today was much calmer... I watched the most recent episode of White Collar and the movie Julie & Julia while contemplating life.

I want to spend the year learning about a particular subject. Which subject, I haven't yet decided... do I pick a region, such as Australia, Antartica or Ieland?; a time period, such as Tudor England or the second Crusade?; or any historical person, time or event, such as the Bolsheviks, Ugandan dictators, the Medici, F. Scott & Zelda Fitzgerald? Maybe something like folk stories and fairy tales or Scotland Yard? Or maybe instead of something historical, I learn a skill such as bird watching, cooking, roasting my own coffee, or coding/programming? The possibilities are endless.

The year would consist of reading various books and articles and watching movies--from drama to documentary--and possibly even taking an educational course about whatever subject I ultimately decide on.

My indecision is showing again... I have a world of subjects to choose from, but I think its a case of TOO much to choose from. I don't want to make a mistake on what I choose. So over the next week I will contemplate my options, narrow it down to two or three and ultimately choose from there.

No comments: