Friday, January 22, 2010

"Happyness?"

Today I was contemplating one of my favorite quotes from The Pursuit of Happyness... "You want something? Go get it. Period."

Despite my lack up happy updates lately, things haven't really been so terrible. I have my family and friends--new and old--who love me, a job that I continue to enjoy more every day and a whole world of possibilities out there.

I'm participating in the 25th Cystic Fibrosis Tower Climb, where a team of us are going to run a mile then climb 930-something steps, approximately 90 flights of stairs. We agreed to do it competitively so we can be timed and we'll start training next week.

Also, tomorrow is the big event which I am so excited to get to attend! It will be nice to meet a lot of the people I talk to every day.

Finally, we had the great migration at work today and are happily settled into our permanent spaces. I've gained more responsibilities and can't wait for the opportunity to start working on that next week... Today is a good day and who knows what tomorrow holds, but I know this too shall pass.

No comments: