Friday, February 20, 2009

Countdown: 5 days

In 5 days, my car will be packed, my room will be empty and I will be driving south back into the US.  I'm sad to leave Vancouver and Canada, but it will also be nice to be back in the same place as my family.  Even though I know I haven't accumulated much more stuff than I came up with, it feels like tons.  I am not quite sure how I'll ever fit it all into my car.

D bought me an ipod (touch!!) since my old, white 60GB video was stolen on the bus between Thompson and Winnipeg.  It should be arriving Monday afternoon if Canada Post is on schedule.  I think tomorrow I will head down to Pacific Centre and pick up a case for it, since I really don't want to hurt it on the drive.  I downloaded some free apps today while procrastinating because I'm so excited to be getting it.  I have been wanting one for awhile, but had been waiting 'til Hibiki (my other ipod) kicked the bucket before investing in a new one.  Anyone know of any particular fantastic apps?  I have a list of ones I'll buy eventually, but until I actually have the ipod in hand, I am just sticking to the free stuff.

After picking up my T4 this morning (the Canadian W-2), I headed to Urban Outfitters on Granville to see about another Munny.  I bought a full-sized one and another mini.  The other mini came with a neat spiked mohawkish accessory, which will be perfect for turning him into Pollux.  The spikes will obviously be part of the sun and I can have the abstractness coming out other parts of his head.  Since Pollux was the immortal one, he should obviously have a cooler outfit.

I also picked up some neat letterpress notecards, a book, a "Pack This!" tablet (necessary for me) and some screenprinted rub one letters... all on sale!  I spent I think $15 on them total, which is pretty great.  I think that was some retail therapy, I am feeling pretty down about having to leave.

And finally, I sold my bed frame today!  The woman is coming to pick it up Sunday, so I have a couple more days to put off sleeping on the floor!  Haha.  Oh the joys of moving.

No comments: