Monday, February 9, 2009

Today was a day of mixed emotions...

Today was a day of mixed emotions. I had to drop D off at the airport before my last day at work. I was feeling down all morning... then my friend and supervisor, TT ran in with flowers and a card. It definitely brightened my day a LOT. All of the people at work signed it and wrote cute notes. I will definitely miss everyone at the coffeeshop, its been a great experience so far.

After my final day at work, I ran back to my apartment, met the roommate and we drove to the US... Bellingham to be exact. I had to physically leave Canada to give up my work permit, but needed to be back in the country by tomorrow morning for my flight to Churchill! Today was the first time I'd been back in the US in exactly six months. SIX MONTHS. It was a really strange sensation. The customs officer at the border questioned me about my license plate and what I was doing in the US, but we got to chatting with him and he welcomed me home. The cash confused me (had a difficult
time finding dollar bills in the coin pocket!) but I successfully made purchases, including a fun little photobooth shoot which I included in a card to D. At Target, I made the greatest discovery of all... BAWLS! I drank so many of these my freshman year at school I couldn't believe my luck at finding them up in the Pacific Northwest. I bought a pack and will be drinking one of them tomorrow on my way to the airport early!

Hope I get to see some polar bears. What trips have you taken?

No comments: