Saturday, February 13, 2010

2009 Taxes

I did both my US and Canadian tax returns this morning because the LAST people I want to mess with are the IRS and CRA... you know what they say about death and taxes.

The good news here is that I should be receiving a return of over $1,000 between the two. Thank you free tax preparation software. After I file these, I shouldn't have the worry about the CRA for a while and I'm fairly basic as far as the IRS goes, so I will be okay for the next few years. Next up is a massive scanning marathon with all this paperwork.

I'm deciding what to do with the refund. I mostly likely will apply it to my Roth IRA since I did NOT max it out last year... that is so important to me and it stressed me out looking at how small my number is this year. With the financial reshuffle I have coming up I should be able to put more towards it...

Maybe I will also take like $100 and do something fun, like go to SeaWorld. I've lived here close to a year and I haven't been, which is ridiculous because I love aquariums.

Thoughts from my only reader?

No comments: