Saturday, February 13, 2010

Weekend, Rd 2

It's hard when it finally hits that the life I've been looking forward to for the past couple of years is never going to happen. I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day as a holiday, but its also never hit me so hard as how alone I feel when everyone around me is getting flowers and gifts... people are holding hands at the movie theatre and I realize I am very, very alone with only my own thoughts and assumptions as to why.

My family and friends have been really great, but its just a different kind of lonliness I don't think I've ever really felt before.

But I guess on the bright side, once I get past my birthday I'll have survived every major holiday as a single person and next year can only get better, right?

And then as I'm searching for a photo to accompany this post, I run across this photo and I'm reminded that things have a way of working out like they're supposed to...

No comments: